The Michigan Senior Advocates Council (MSAC) is an action team of senior leaders who have a major impact on the lives of older Michiganians. Started in 1977 by the Area Agencies on Aging Association, MSAC has generated thousands of letters, petitions, phone calls, emails and face-to-face contacts with legislators and other state officials. Their advocacy has paid rich dividends. Here are a few examples...
- Defeating cuts to meals-on-wheels, in-home services, volunteer programs, etc. proposed for FY 2012
- Passing legislation creating the first prescription drug program in Michigan,
and one of the first in the U.S.
- Statewide expansion of home and community-based services through
the MI Choice Waiver
- Funding increases for meals-on-wheels and other in-home services
- Creating the Home Heating Tax Credit
- State funding for dial-a-ride programs
- Long term care reform legislation
- Legislation regulating Blue Cross Blue Shield
MSAC played a major role in...
For more information, call the AAAAM office at (517) 886-1029.
"Never doubt that a group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."